For the most up to date list of club activities, see the PAARC Calendar.
Programs of general interest are held on the first Friday of the month starting at 7:00 PM at St. James Lutheran Church, 93 Kugler Rd., in Limerick, PA. See our Meeting page, or home page for meeting dates and topics.
PAARC provides local civic and charitable events with communications. Contact us to learn more.
Amateur Radio License Exams
What to bring to the exam session:
- Two forms of ID or 1 Photo ID
- Test fee of $15.00
- If upgrading, your current license and a copy (we cannot make copies at the session), and any current valid CSCE’s (original and one copy)
- Two or more pencils
- Calculator if desired
All test sessions administered by examiners accredited by The American Radio Relay League, Inc.
Enter ARRL contests? Want to help PAARC results? Send Ed, N3WXW your name, callsign and 6 digit grid square to meet new rule requirements. Grid Square Locater link. PAARC is an ARRL Affiliated Club listed as the Pottstown Area ARC.
Transmitter (Fox) Hunts
PAARC sponsors transmitter hunts on various dates and times. All skill levels are welcome. Click on “Fox Hunting” for more
information. Catch me if you can….
Are you Hungry?
Hams are notorious for their eating prowess! If you want to join in, please come hungry for:
** Breakfasts **
– Sundays 7:00 AM – Ridge Restaurant on Route 23, Bucktown (near intersection of Routes 100 & 23).
– Second Tuesday of the month 9:00 AM – Pottstown Diner, Pottstown.
– Second Saturday 220 Net breakfasts – Michael’s Diner, Douglasville.
During inclement winter weather, breakfasts may be moved forward a week. See the club calendar.
PAARC sponsors a station in this very popular event which is held yearly on the 4th full weekend in June. View the PAARC Field Day webpage.
PAARC holds an annual picnic in September. Our last picnic was Sept. 10, 2016 at Ironstone Park, 141 Grist Mill Rd., Boyertown, PA. See the club picnic page for details.